Monday, December 17, 2012

Neighbor Gifts: DIY Candles

I made 3 candles HERE for November craft group. My husband liked them enough that he wanted me to make more - 9 more to be exact.  The difference from from putting together the craft in October to making them in December is amazing. Plus the fact that I needed to make 9 of them. I didn't care to use the hot spoon variation, so I bought a heat gun (used in embossing) at Hobby Lobby-of course using a 40% off coupon. If you use a heat gun, just be sure you move it around a lot or it will cause the wax to come through the tissue paper and run down the sides.

 The candles I originally used were unscented from Hobby Lobby-because their Christmas stuff wasn't out yet. I found Winter Wonderland scented ones at Walmart. They were a tad bit more than those from HL because I wasn't able to use a 40% off coupon. But I wanted scented ones as gifts. I also found more options for the tissue paper. I added a few Hershey Kisses, changed out the sisal with tulle-because I had some on hand and I personalized the tag using my Cricut.

No comments:

Post a Comment