Saturday, December 1, 2012

Craft Group: Christmas Candles

In my planning for our November craft, I was thinking a head for Christmas and was trying to come up with something that was inexpensive that you could give as neighbor gifts, teacher gifts or that would work in with holiday decor.  I came across Stylizmo's Christmas Candle, and thought it would be perfect.  I hunted for the just right napkin, but ran into the fact that - unlike now - not very many places had Christmas napkins or tissue paper out at the end of October.  So I ended up using an everyday foil tissue I found at the Dollar Tree and digging into my supply of Christmas tissue paper (the Christmas colored stripe and the snowflakes).  
This is what I came up with:

I got the candles at Hobby Lobby in a 2 pack (except the one with snowflakes-it's an old candle I've had for years), I used my Cricut machine to cut out the tags and used a stamp from Stampin' Up that I already had. You could use stickers or if your penmanship is better then mine, then you could always write it. 

A couple days ago, my hubby gave me a list of more I need to make. 
I better get a meltin'.

Happy Crafting!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment