Monday, December 24, 2012

Grandparent Gift

I have been trying to figure out something for my mom for Christmas. All she says she wants is family pictures, which is a great and easy gift. But since all 4 of my siblings and their families are going to be at my parents for Christmas - the first time in over 8 years - we are having family pictures taken. So I wanted to do something different. I searched Pinterest and nothing caught my eye. So I googled "DIY grandparent gift ideas". I came across this blog that had a bunch of ideas.  But this one jumped out at me: 

I loved the idea, but knew that waiting until the last minute like I have, I wouldn't be able to order it, plus I know that I could create something similar. So here is mine:
I used Photoshop Elements 8 to create it. I have tons of digital scrapbook files, so I selected a background and started playing. I'm not very proficient with Photoshop Elements, so it did take me some time to play around and make things work. I am so excited with how it turned out. I sent it to Costco to print and put it in a 12x12 frame I picked up from JoAnn's Etc. 

I can't wait for her to open it on Christmas!

Happy Creating!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment