Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Last week was spring break from my kids, so my youngest was around to be "helpful". She gets just as excited to decorate for holidays as I do, so she actually was a lot of help when we boxed up the St Patty's day decor and brought out the Easter and Spring decor. 

I started by updating my specimen art and seasonal art for my piano. I used my Cricut to cut everything out, used markers to ink the edges and then attached it all to subtle patterned papers with dimensionals.

       



I also updated the banner above the t.v. I debated whether to have flowers and butterflies or to spell out a word-either Easter or Spring. I ended up spelling out Spring (just so I can keep it up after Easter). I did the same thing as I did on my St Patty's day banner-book page with stitching.  

Once I hung it up I just wasn't loving it. So I went back to the drawing board and thanks to my friend, Cadi,  we came up with this version which I like a lot more. 



Paper lantern Eggs - my mom gave these to me a couple of years ago. I believe she bought them at TaiPan in Utah.  Great store for inexpensive decorating items. I hung the smaller ones above the kitchen peninsula then set the large ones on top of the kitchen cabinets.

Couple of items on top of an armoire. 

Egg Lights - I have lights for quite a few of the holidays. My youngest daughter loves having them on.

And last but not least, my Easter vignette. 

I created the subway art on picnik.com. 

I bought the green plate and the eggs in the vase at Dollar Tree. I am planning on adding vinyl to the plate, but I'm not sure what design I want on it yet.  

The button egg picture is a printable from Funky Polka Dot Giraffe. She has it on black or white. I bought the purple mercury glass vase at Marshall's a few weeks ago.  

I hope you enjoy the beauty of Spring and have a wonderful Easter holiday.

 Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment