Wednesday, May 9, 2012

????? Gone Cat Crazy ?????

My daughters have been begging us for years, to get a dog. Don't hate me, but I'm not a dog person. So I have been very reluctant to get a dog. I know that it teaches kids lots of things, but I would be the one primarily taking care of it, so I really didn't want to cave in.  Don't get me wrong I don't hate dogs, I just don't want to own one. I had a couple of dogs when I was a young child, but then we found out that my little sister was allergic. So we had to give them away. From that point on we had cats - mainly outdoor cats.  We haven't had pets because my hubby feels that it is cruel and unnatural for animals to be kept in-doors or in small yards. Plus we liked the fact that we didn't have to worry about getting someone to watch our pets while we go out of town.  Ok I'm getting off subject here.

So any way, one evening my oldest asked if we could get a cat. My husband was out of town at the time and I know he isn't much of a cat person, so I thought I was "safe" to have her ask him. I suggested that she send him a text and ask.  She googled cats for sale and found a kitten and sent him a picture of it and ask him what he thought about the newest member of our family. This is how their text conversation went:
Hubby:     I thought you wanted a dog.
Daughter:      It's called compromise.
Hubby:     A compromise would be a chia pet.
Daughter:     Seriously, what do you think?
Hubby:     It's up to your mom.

In the mean time, all three girls were going through the cats available and found a set of kittens, a brother and sister that were available. They were adorable!!!!! So they sent a picture to Hubby and asked if mom should email the shelter to see if they are still available. His response was that he wanted to talk to me. Thus a phone call and our conversation went like this:

Hubby:     I would rather get a little dog. 
Me:     But I don't like dogs.
Hubby:     But I don't like cats.
Me:     I'm the one that's going to be taking care of it.
Hubby:     Yeah, I know. Will you hold off until I get home?
Me:     Sure. But should I go ahead and email the shelter?
Hubby:     Of course.

So without turning this post into a book, we have a new little kitten named Mickey
PLUS we have pre-adopted two female kittens. We are waiting for them to gain a little more weight so they can be spayed. We should be getting them in about a week. They were all rescued from destroy lists by the shelter that we have adopted them through. 

I've bored you with the details of how we ended up with cats, so I won't bore you with the details of why we will have THREE cats.

Needless to say, we now need cat accessories. That has put me to work!  I will show you the first project on my list really soon!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment