Monday, April 23, 2012

The Tour Continues...

Since I showed you two of my daughter's rooms, I thought I would give you a tour of my home, starting with the master bedroom.

When we moved into the house over 8 years ago, we painted the walls Macadamia by Sherwin Williams. My bedding was from Ikea. It was a deep red that had color-on-color embroidery across the top. As I shared previously, I have grown tired of the darker colors in my home. So the change truly started with the master bedroom.

First, we up-sized our bed to a California King. This means I HAVE to redo the entire room, right?!?! My hubby knows me too well and knew this would happen, so when he got the bed, he also gave me a gift card so that I can buy all new bedding.

I pulled the main color of the duvet for the walls. So now the walls art Celtic Gray by Behr and the ceiling is Delicate Mist also by Behr. I went with one shade lighter on the ceiling to help make the ceilings feel higher.

We added crown molding. Then I painted all our furniture, which is from Ikea, the same brown from the duvet.  I don't have the color name - sorry!

I also "built" my headboard. I used three 28" primed hollow-core doors. I painted them the same dark chocolate brown of  the furniture.   They are just leaning up against the wall and the bed holds them in place.

I found the prints at Ikea. I couldn't find canvases sized to fit the prints. So I made my own. I used 1x2's and stretched muslin fabric across. I then Mod Podged the prints on to my canvases. I attached ribbons to the back and hung them on adhesive hooks.


The opposite wall is all windows. We have black-out honeycomb blinds. I want to add long curtain panels, but it is been low on my priority list, so I haven't done anything about it yet.

A few weeks ago, I found some awesome lamps at a garage sale. I've spray painted them and once I find the right lamp shades, I will show you the finished project.  Their new home will be here in the bedroom.

I hope you have been inspired!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment