Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Growing Family

A friend and I put together crafts for a craft group that meets once a month.  The craft that we have put together for May is a growth chart. There are many out there in the blogland. We compiled what we liked of each and created this:

We bought a 1"x8"x6' board. I bought Oops paint at Home Depot. Oops paint is paint that has been mixed, but was the wrong color, so it is way cheap. You may have to ask the guys at the counter if they have any. Each store handles it differently. Some have it out so you can see it other stores keep it under a counter and have to open the cupboard for you. The quart I bought was only $2.00. It was the eggshell finish that I like. Plus the color is close enough to the color of my walls, that it will blend in, which is what I wanted. 
I have all girls, so the flowers work for my family. I cut all the lettering, the hash marks as well as the first layer of the flower out of vinyl using my Cricut. 
  
I then cut the 2nd and 3rd layer of the flowers out of scrapbook paper. I used 3 different, coordinating papers and layered them. I used gem brads that I already had. I wish the centers were a little bit bigger, but I didn't want to go buy bigger gems.

It looks good without the flowers too if you have boys or don't care for the flowers:
 

I hope it measures up and inspires you to be creative!

Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment