Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Luck of the Irish

I love decorating for the holidays - no matter how small the holiday.  I don't have much for St Patrick's Day, so I have made some that I thought I would share with you.  

Saturday I was at JoAnn's Etc (for another project which I will show you in a later post). While I was there I got the idea to make a St. Patrick's banner.  While I was at the store I googled DIY St. Patrick's banner on my phone, then selected images. u-createcrafts.com is where I found my inspiration. 
This is the one that I ended up doing.
I know-I already raised it up a little bit more so that it doesn't hit the tv. I also need to make/find St. Patrick's decor to put on the shelf. I just haven't found anything I like.
I cut the banner out of pages from a book that I bought at Goodwill for $0.75. I looked for a book that had yellowed pages so it looked old. I added stitching to the edges of my book pages. I happen to have my sewing machine out and thought I would see how it looked and ended up really liking it. I made mine with four leaf clovers instead of three, which I cut using my Cricut. I added a black border to the shamrocks to help them stand out more. Since there's gold at the end of the rainbow, I decided to put gold buttons instead of white.

My version of specimen art. I made one for Valentines Day, but forgot to get pictures of it. 
Again I used my Cricut to cut the shamrocks and the LUCKY. I used dimensionals so they are raised up.


And then there's my ledge...it needs more, but again I haven't found much that I like, so I need to get my creative juices flowing and make some stuff. But that will have to wait until next year. I'm already working on Easter/Spring decorations. Once they are done, I will post them.
I got the rainbow printable from funkypolkadotgiraffe. I created the subway art on picnik.com (which I am so sad it is going away-I love that site!) The glitter covered shamrocks I got at JoAnn's 50% off.

I hope everyone remembers to wear green! I hope every one has a Happy St Patrick's day!









No comments:

Post a Comment